The content of this blog, including my art and worksheets, are copyright protected. I do give permission to reproduce for personal and classroom uses a reasonable, limited amount of my content. You do not need to contact me to ask for permission. All other use is forbidden. For more details see the permissions and restrictions statement in the footer. Please use the Paypal button to make your donation.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

SPECTRUM HOMESCHOOL COMMUNITY Lesson Plans March 31, 2011

SPECTRUM HOMESCHOOL COMMUNITY
Art Lesson Plans March 31, 2011

PRE CLASS: Did any one draw during this last week? (Such as skill builders, long term, other).  What can they show the class?  Positive constructive peer reactions are encouraged.

WARM UPS: 1. Texture practice, shading practice with side of pencil making patterns in rough bars like bark on a tree. 2. Short wavy lines like scales or underside of tree leaves. 3. Diamonds. 4. Drawing a face in scribble. First drawing with a hard light pencil and then switching to a darker pencil for the finish.

QUICK DRAW CHALLENGE:  Woody, our model of the human figure.   Students draw him in 5 minutes time.

CLASS PROJECTS: 1. Our primary project will be sketching a landscape with a farm scene and road. Giving attention to composition, fore, middle, and back ground and points of interest. 2. Drawing a radio boom box.

TAKE HOME SKILLBUILDERS: Our take home skill builders this week are a portrait of a Raccoon, Trees in silhouette, and a fantasy sea serpent.  I was working on these until 1 am and I hope the kids enjoy drawing them. I will post these on the blog with additional helpful notes.

LONG TERM PROJECT: Continue to read the Book of Acts and illustrate each chapter. Keep these illustrations in a folder to mount later on. One illustration must be a person.

OUR INSPIRATION FOR TODAY: “I will lift up my eyes to the hills- where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of the heavens and the earth.” Psalm 121:1, 2. NIV. Artist and many creative types look within for a lot of inspiration. Many people who are disciplined hard workers hyper focus on their task. We must remember to look not down at our work or inside for guidance but we must “Lift up our eyes” and look up to the Lord. If he made heaven and earth is there any thing you can bring to him that is too big for him to fix?


I am always happy to do a make up lesson at your home. Just get in touch.
Friend me on facebook

(c)Adron Dozat